What is a traineeship? it’s a learning and guidance experience . It’s an opportunity for temporary placement (in public and private companies), and to plan a career. Moreover, it’s a way to gain practical experience that will enrich the curriculum.
What is important to know?
- Welcoming a trainee does not involve any cost for the company. After the training period, the company has no obligation to the hosted intern.
- Participants are insured for liability and accident insurance for the duration of the experience.
- The traineeship is regulated by two documents: the Convention for internships and training project, as required by the guidelines of internships.
- FORTES selects participants and send their profiles to companies so that they can evaluate and select trainees.
- FORTES, in collaboration with the intern and the company, provides full evaluation of the whole experience.
What is the law of the Veneto Region to which refer?
- Legge regionale 13 marzo 2009, n. 3 (BUR n. 23/2009)
- Dgr n. 337 del 6.03.2012 – ALLEGATO A Dgr n. 337 del 6.03.2012
- Disposizioni in materia di tirocini ai sensi dell’art. 41 della legge regionale n. 3 del 2009
What is the duty of the company? As stated in the Convention of traineeship and training project, the company is supposed to:
- Appoint an inside mentor to take care and to monitor the activities of the intern.
- Prepare, in collaboration with FORTES, a program of training activities to be performed.
- Inform trainees about company policy and standards of safety and hygiene at work.
- Ensure the trainee involvement and informed participation in the company’s production process.
- Evaluate and certify the traineeship through the tools provided by FORTES.
What’s the meaning of a traineeship? Throught FORTES young people from across and outside Europe have the opportunity to undertake a traineeship in Italian companies. For a company, to accept an intern means to contribute to the education/formation of a young European student, and simultaneously improve their business, opening themselves to perspectives and ideas from a different culture.
Who are the trainees? The participants come from European Union countries, and sometimes from countries outside UE. In most cases, the beneficiaries are students, graduating or graduates (mostly from vocational schools) who want to enrich their curriculum doing an internship in a different country from the one they come from.
What are the benefits for the host company?
- The company has the opportunity to supplement its workforce with qualified staff with no particular burden.
- Welcoming a foreign trainee means to open its doors to new ideas and perspectives that can actually benefit the company as a whole.
- With the language skills of the intern, the company can expand its market, establish new contacts, making their international web site, and so on.
- The company has the opportunity to promote herlself, her business and social value internationally.